- Sun, Jun 19Bushnell Park | Black Lives Matter Mural
- Sat, Jun 18New Britain Museum of American ArtJun 18, 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM EDTNew Britain Museum of American Art, 56 Lexington St, New Britain, CT 06052, USAJoin the NBMAA’s 21st Annual Juneteenth Celebration. The celebration will include a full schedule of events, with drumming, dance, and poetry performances outdoors. Inside, tour the special exhibition, 30 Americans, and the Museum’s permanent collection. Free admission.
- Fri, Jun 17Butler-McCook House & Gardens
- Sat, Jun 11Burr Mall- Between Wadsworth & City HallJun 11, 12:00 PM – 4:00 PMBurr Mall- Between Wadsworth & City Hall, 600 Main Street, Hartford, CT 06103, USAJoin us for Juneteenth Family Day. Bring your family to enjoy live music from Lost Tribe, crafting, African drumming with Alvin Carter, Jr., storytelling by Andre Keitt, and Anne Cubberly's famous giant puppets. Event is free and open to the public.
- The Rev. James W.C. Pennington Lecture featuring Sarah Lewis, Harvard University, Author of The RiseThu, Apr 21Wadsworth Atheneum Museum of Art
- Tue, Apr 12Free Virtual EventApr 12, 6:00 PMFree Virtual EventOur esteemed panel will discuss housing, education, and the landmark desegregation case, Sheff vs. O'Neill. Panelists will review and explore the case's impact on education in Connecticut today and in the future. If you missed it, you can watch it here: https://vimeo.com/699114645
- Second Saturday - Music, Poetry & Dance Performances inspired by exhibition “Changing Lanes: Mobility in Connecticut"Sat, Mar 12The Amistad Center for Art & Culture
- Sat, Feb 26The 224 Ecospace (Use the West Entrance)Feb 26, 2:00 PM – 3:00 PMThe 224 Ecospace (Use the West Entrance), 224 Farmington Ave, Hartford, CT 06105, USAJoin us for an afternoon of African drumming, storytelling, and crafts. Recommended for children age 10 and under. Space is limited. Registration is required so register today to reserve your seat. Masks are required for all over 2 years old.
- Black History Month Community Conversation: Finance, Housing & Education | Dismantling the Roadblocks to EqualityWed, Feb 23Free Online Event
- ZORA NEALE HURSTON: YOU DON’T KNOW US NEGROES AND OTHER ESSAYS with Dr. Henry Louis Gates, Jr., Dr. Genevieve West, andWed, Feb 16Free Virtual Event
- Thu, Feb 10Free Online Event via FacebookFeb 10, 5:00 PMFree Online Event via FacebookThe Fatherhood Manologues is an exhilarating collection of short stories about fatherhood. Each story provides a unique perspective on being a father or being fathered. All the stories will take you on an emotional roller coaster that reminds us of the important role of fathers.
- Tue, Feb 01Free Online Event
- Wed, Dec 15Online Event
- Wed, Dec 08Online Event